weekend recap

Monday, November 05, 2012


A few things that made me terribly happy this past weekend...

  • Mark. On Thursday night, he called to tell me he was on the way to Richmond to see me. I had thought it would be another week before I would see him, but he surprised me. Sneaky little bugger.
  • Moses. A lovable eighty pound pup who came to live with us. Keep an eye out for him on the blog!
  • Cleaning, The apartment got de-cluttered and cleaned. When cold weather arrives and we start staying indoors more, cabin-fever sets in quickly and I find myself in a funk. Clearing things out and moving a few pieces around really revitalizes our little space.
  • My mama's cooking. I went home for the weekend which means delicious food! Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin cake, and pumpkin cookies. I probably ate my weight in food this weekend.
  • Leftovers. The best part of going home for the weekend is all the food I get to bring back to Richmond with me. I'm stocked up on some delicious chicken stew and all the pumpkin cake and cookies I can eat. Thanks, Mom!
  • Friends and babies. I got to see many good friends from home on Sunday. It was really nice being able to spend a Sunday afternoon playing with babies, hanging out with friends, and eating good food (of course).
  • iPhones. Both my sister and fiancee got the new iPhone this past week. Whenever it left their hands, I had fun playing around with it and dreaming of getting one for myself. I'll just keep dreaming.
  • Naps. There are few things in life that can beat a Sunday afternoon nap. They're just that lovely.
 Monday started out with a cancelled class. Not bad, huh. I've got a lot of things to get done in the first part of this week, but it's all good because my weekend will be starting on Thursday. Take a guess where I'll be going. :)

Image from here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe