the weekend + a song

Monday, October 01, 2012


Adrift by Jack Johnson on Grooveshark
A great lazy weekend song

When I said that my plan for this past weekend was to be as utterly lazy as possible, I didn't realize just how true a statement that would be.

Last week, I did a double-take at my work schedule when I saw I had the weekend off. My mind instantly went into planning mode. What to do? Where to go? A weekend off is not something to be squandered!

No plans seemed to pan out, however, and it soon became clear that my weekend would be spent here at home.  Everyone needs a relaxing weekend at home every once in awhile, right?

Turns out, it was perfect. I felt a bit under the weather all weekend and there's truly nothing better than knowing you don't have anything to do when you're feeling icky. It was almost noon when I woke up Saturday morning. At first I was appalled and rushed out of the bed, jumping in clothes.  That's when it dawned on me that it was Saturday and a Saturday with no plans, to boot. I guess my body already knew that.

I left the patio doors open so the crisp air could come in and snuggled in a cozy sweater. I finally got around to unpacking my suitcase from last weekend. I did laundry, tidied up the apartment, and spent copious amounts of time on Pinterest.

Sunday was more of the same -- cookie-making, relaxing, and enjoying the perfect feel of fall. It was a completely laid-back weekend.

So here's to starting out a new week (and a new month!) feeling relaxed and on top of things. I know that feeling will probably fly away quickly, but there's only four more days until Friday and we get to do this weekend thing all over again.

Hello, October!

Image from here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe