the little moments are keeping me sane

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's the middle of the semester and my professors seem to delight in assigning everything to be due within the same week. I'm beginning to think they're conspiring behind my back. "When did you assign a 10 page research paper, with outline and annotated bibliography included, to be due? The 30th? Okay, I'll assign a three-part multimedia project due on that same day as well." Thanks, professors, thanks a lot.

In all this chaos, it's the little moments that are keeping me sane. The moments when I push all my notebooks aside, turn on some Trampled by Turtles, and spend some blissful moments on Pinterest and Tumblr. The moments when I'm walking home from class, kicking up the piles of leaves, totally lost in thoughts of wedding planning. The moments when good friends invite me out to dinner and I forget everything I need to do that night and just get out of the house instead.

Some may call these moments procrastination, but they're whats keeping my head on straight these days. Thank goodness there's only about six weeks left of this mess.

Image sources: one and two

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe