no motivation

Wednesday, September 26, 2012


Yesterday was one of those days that creeps up on you out of nowhere. I woke up with absolutely no motivation. No desire to go to class, no desire to get anything done. I was sick of the apartment, sick of homework, and missing Mark terribly. School has been going well for over a month now, and then a day like this sneaks up on me.

Around mid-afternoon, I grabbed my bag and started the walk to class like every other day. The air felt quickening and the sun felt good on my skin. The breeze swayed the trees and the sound of leaves rustling was comforting. I instantly decided to forget about class and spend the afternoon in the park. I sat down under a tree and let the sun warm me up. Mark called and we talked for a long while on the phone. It was just what I needed -- talking to that guy I love, the feeling of fall in the air, the sunshine, playing hookie.

A few hours later, as I was walking home, I noticed that there were tiny piles of leaves along the edges of the sidewalk. The leaves haven't started changing colors or falling yet, but I suppose the wind had blown a few off. They had turned brown and crispy and made the perfect crunching sound. Stomping through them helped my mood tremendously.

Do you ever have days where you're completely lacking all motivation and inspiration? What do you do to get yourself out of those slumps?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe