currently

Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Loving: Olivia Rae James' series: Charleston, I Love You. It's a regular feature on people who call Charleston, South Carolina home. In a brief interview, they describe why they love Charleston, their favorite local spots, their favorite Charleston memory, etc. I have a deep love for southern cities, so this series is right up my alley. Also, Olivia's blog is wonderful, with crazy beautiful photography.

We visited Charleston once this summer and after stumbling across this series, I'm ready for a repeat trip.

Reading: I have been awful about reading lately. I feel bad. It used to never be this hard for me to get through a book, now it takes me months! Maybe I just haven't found a great page-turner to keep my attention. In fact, the last books I read like that were The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series. I've never flown through three books so fast! Anyway, if I'm going to meet my goal of reading ten books this semester I've got to get better at this.

Listening to: The Carpenter by The Avett Brothers. Ah, I'm in love! Kelsey and I have already ordered the vinyl. In the meantime, I've been listening to it on Spotify constantly. It puts me in such a fall and camping mood. These guys really knew the best time to release their new record.

Watching: Parenthood. Last week was a bit busy, so I didn't get around to seeing the season premiere until this past weekend. The minute the theme song started playing, I got warm fuzzy feelings. Hah! Really though, it's a great show and I'm glad it's started again. Another show I'm excited has started again is The Voice. I have a bad addiction to that show. I love the way the judges are always cutting up and giving each other a hard time. And, finally, still following along with Political Animals and especially loving the journalism aspect of it.

Stressing about: A rather large research proposal that's due soon. I'm so ready to head South that it's hard to keep focused on the last minute things that need to be finished before I can leave.

Looking forward to: Time with Mark, the weather forecast, the leaves changing colors, fall break, camping trips..

Making me happy: Thinking about all the things I have to look forward to.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe