Away in the mountains

Wednesday, September 05, 2012




I can't begin to describe how nice it was to get away this past weekend. There's just something about the mountains. You're completely separated from the rush of things. Life goes slower in the mountains, I do believe. There were times when we were driving along the road and the view was simply unbelievable. It's crazy that such beauty exists. If you've ever been near the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia then you know the kind of beauty I'm talking about. Of course, I never had the camera out at the right time. But it's kinda okay. I got to enjoy the view a little more without worrying about picture-takin'.

Monday ended the weekend off just right, with a day of no class or work. That man of mine came home from the mountains with me and we enjoyed a lazy Labor Day together before he headed south again.

Now it's back to the grindstone with school and work, but I'm counting down the days until I can go get lost in those beautiful mountains again. We're already planning a camping trip in that area for next month. If it was this beautiful in early September, I can only imagine what it will look like come October!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe