Opportunities

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A few months ago I wrote a post about stepping out of my comfort zone and making some changes. Soon after that, I did. I took a small step in the right direction. I started applying for jobs. Big, scary, grown-up jobs. Within a few weeks, I had been contacted to come in for an interview!

The interview was this morning.
I didn't get the job.

But as I was pulling out the parking lot, surprisingly, I didn't feel sad or disappointed. Sure, it would have been great to have been hired, but just putting myself out there was a satisfying experience. I left the interview with the promise of opportunities to come.  I learned that whenever you step out of your comfort zone, doors open. Maybe it's not the door you planned on opening, but it's a door nonetheless.  The world is full of opportunities, really great opportunities that I haven't even dreamed of yet, and every time I take a step away from what's "comfortable" and "easy", those opportunities get closer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe