August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time. - Sylvia Plath

Saturday, August 25, 2012

It poured rain all day long today. When I woke, I could hear the rain splattering on the cobblestone outside. As I ate breakfast, I watched it dribble down the windows, distorting the view. As I drove to work, I watched it splash in the roads and listened to the thump-thump of the wipers. While I worked, I could see the rain steadily falling outside the windows and I wished I was home, snuggled in my bed listening to the raindrops. What is it about rain that makes me want to curl up in a cozy bed, with a good book or a good blog? Rain doesn't make me energized. It doesn't make me very productive either. Rain makes me crave coziness, familiar-ness, comfiness.
When the time finally came to go home, I hurried to my apartment, threw on some comfy clothes, and wiggled down into my bed. At last. Then, when I thought it couldn't get any better the thunder and lightning started. What a great way to end a Saturday.

Image from here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe